Saturday, February 6, 2010

Some more of Jenny's UFOs

I decided that, rather than sit and pout because I'm missing the opportunity to S&B with all of you due to the snow, I'd post a few more of my UFOs.


7. Okay, It's finally time to do something with this one. I started it back in Nebraska (so 1992-5) but my seam allowances have changed enough that I can't simply make more blocks to just expand it. My plan now is to use this in what will become the upper left-hand corner of an assymetrical twin-sized quilt; the remainder will be random pieced borders as the mood takes me. There will be a common sashing fabric (which I haven't found yet - the big hold-up so if anyone comes across a great multi-color star fabric on dark blue or black, give me a shout!) between the borders. I have a great lay-out in one of my design books but need the sashing to move forward.



8.

I found this block in Yvonne Khin's The Collector's Dictionary of Quilt Names and Patterns while trying to complete a QQ quilt for a Rising Hope silent auction. It's called 'Exploding Star' and I just love the secondary pattern of pinwheels. I started this in summer 2008 along with a ripple quilt that Clara just put borders on for me (I'll post that image another day). It's intended for QFV (55" x 70") so I'm about 1/3 of the way done. The pieces are cut - it's just putting the blocks together now.



9. I'm not sure why this one isn't complete. It's one of the six I started in January 2009. I think it was the colors for the pieced panels above and below the star medallion that I couldn't decide on. I've done that now so hopefully this one will be done this weekend.

2 comments:

Yuki said...

You have great UFO's.

ttfn :) Yuki

Blogger said...

Are you sick & tired from searching for bitcoin faucets?
Triple your claimed satoshis with this new BTC FAUCET ROTATOR.