Friday, February 12, 2010

Quiting in Maui


It has been 80 degrees, with beautiful sunny skies here in Maui. We have been watching all the weather reports on CNN (the TV does not have weather channel, since they don't need it here) of the 55 total inches of snow in DC. At least today, the TV is talking about the Olympics instead of all the snow and the broken snowplows.

I have been to all 4 fabric stores, but so far, bought a couple of sashiko things for Kim's mom (to take to Phoenix in March), and one cute Hula girl fabric. The first rental machine was AWFUL, so we took it back and got a machine that works much better. I haven't been sewing that much, so I am not making as much progress on this quilt as I had hoped. But, my tan is looking good. :-)

Stay warm!

1 comment:

Yuki said...

That's it Elaine! Rub it in. LOL We have had so much snow, you would not believe it! My friend Jan has been here from Portland. She's been here 2 and a half weeks. She was supposed to go home on Wed but her flight was canceled. Hopefully, she will be able to go home on Sunday. We will be sad to see her leave. She has been doing all the cooking & shoveling! Jan was really getting cabin fever. Friday, she was determined to get out and shoveled out the driveway and the truck. The snow plow hadn't even been here but we put the truck in 4-wheel drive and we went out. S&B got canceled and Lori was without power all last weekend.

Anyway, hope to see you the next time you come out. Your orange T blocks look great.

I'll see if I can save some snow for you in the freezer.

ttfn :) Yuki