Monday, February 8, 2010

The last of Jenny's UFOs (for this year)

It's been a productive weekend if, for no other reason than I finished posting all these projects. Working on getting them posted has also helped me get refocused on them. For instance, last night I wend through and cut up another 6 pairs of jeans for project #15 (which also opened some space in my closet. I'll need to do that t-shirt quilt if I really want to make space though).

15. "Rocky Mountain Ramble" - this is a denim log cabin summer quilt on which I plan to put all those fabric patches I've picked up from various tourist spots. Most of the denim comes from my old Rocky Mountain jeans (hence the name) but I did have to buy a few pairs at thrift shops to get the lighter colors I needed. On the list I gave Lori, I said I was trying to decide on size - that's done - this will be 5x7 using 14" sewn blocks.


16. "Wacky Patriot" - this one was inspired by a project Kim F. pulled together during an S&B session last spring. She put random strips around a center square and built up the blocks to a common size which she then sashed with a light lavender pulling the whole thing together. It was really fun and easy so I decided to try it using scraps. One thing I did different was not worry about having the center be exactly the same size in each block. Initially I got sidetracked because I wanted to use a few more shirt pockets but I've worked past that and only need to finish about three more squares. I plan to sash it with dark blues and use red setting squares. It's intended for QFV so 55"x70" is the goal.


17. Okay, enough with this one! It's been on the pile tooooooooooooo long as a result of my not wanting any one fabric to be within 4 blocks of itself in any directions (and you wonder why I have so many fabrics!). I think this is from the first Nickel Quilts book and that I started it in Ames but it was pre-index cards so no notes to help me remember what the h--- I was thinking. This is the central half. I need to add panels half this width to top and bottom. It will be queen-sized and is intended for a friend.

Okay, now I'm off to sew. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Yuki said...

#17 is great! I'll have to look for that book.

ttfn :) Yuki

Elaine said...

Glad that both Kim and Jenny got so much done, including posting to the blog, with all the snow! Sorry to hear that another storm is sending even more snow and that the government is closed again on Weds!

I am working on orange/white T's, but don't like the rental machine I have, so I keep taking seams out.

Jenny - where are you finding your UFOs? Are there more hidden?