Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mazatlán project

Well, I just got off the phone with Continental. They had cancelled my flight to Houston tomorrow morning due to the weather and wouldn't have been able to get me to Mazatlán until next Tuesday (the 16th). Since I was due back the 20th, I just cancelled out of the trip. Now I'm a bit down in the mouth looking at all the snow that's coming down today, and knowing that I need to go out in it and brush down the heatpump (I need a cup of hot chocolate just to psych myself up for this little excursion).

This is a picture of the snow pile at the end of the cul-de-sac (the reason I don't think I can get my truck back into the garage right now) as of yesterday. I'm sure there will be substantially more snow by tomorrow the way it's coming down right now.


This is a preliminary picture of the project I planned to work on during my Mazatlán trip. It consists of 36 4" felt squares that will have 3" felt circles appliquéd on them. The squares will be whip-stitched together. I added four colors (black, cobalt, willow, and tangerine) to the summer color pack put together by "A Child's Hands" for 18 colors. It'll be 24" square. Just looking at the picture cheers me up.

To follow up on Kim's hearts, I'll have to post some of the extremely silly braided hearts that I've been making. It's like eating chocolate chips (since I'm not a popcorn fan), really hard to stop with just one! Looking at her hearts I may have to go back and add some beads and baubles to them.

Thinking of chocolate - I have to go make brownies now to ease my sorrows!

2 comments:

Yuki said...

Too bad about your trip. I'll bet you could use a little warm weather right now. Hope you can use your plane tickets another time.

ttfn :) Yuki

Elaine said...

Oh Jenny -- I am so sorry to hear that you are not going to sunny, warm Matazlan because the airports and airlines are mess because of all the snow. Your project is so YOU, with the bright colors.

On the news today, they said a lot of roofs in DC were collapsing because of the weight of the snow. We are glad that we fixed the structural problems at the 8 Elwyn Ct house in Takoma Park, because it would definitely have collapsed by now, without our having repaired it.