Saturday, February 13, 2010

Wearing my heart on a sleeve


Just wanted to share the silliness that I've been indulging in this week. I didn't think I'd make so many but there's 17 total - including the lavendar/silver one that I'd previously posted. Fortunately I think I've worked through the need to make any more of these just now! It's been fun playing with color combinations and backgrounds. I've put a ring on the back so they could be hung up if someone wanted to do so. Otherwise they're great for sticking pins in but aren't flat enough to be a coaster.

I have to say that I really enjoy using the Sulky 12 thread. The DMC 12 isn't bad but it's just enough thicker that I find it harder to pull through smoothly - of course that might just be because I have my thread way too long. The other thing about DMC 12 is that I haven't found it in variegated colors - does anyone know if it comes that way? Otherwise I'll just have to buy a few more Sulky 12s - darn, that means I might have to make another trip up to Crofton. Anyone want to go along? I'm willing to forego the snowstorm this time!





This is a picture from this morning of the snowpile. It doesn't look quite as impressive since they tried to shave off the front edges so that the garages for the end units were accessible. I'm not sure one could actually get much more than Clara's car in and then carefully. I've also added a photo of the icicles the neighbors behind me were growing; the icicles fell off yesterday noon with a spectacular clatter - I think they hit the heatpump housing on the way down.

4 comments:

Ann said...

I am so sorry you aren't on your trip. I am having some hot chocolate right now in sympathy with you and wishing for one of your brownies. The black and white heart on the hot pink background is great.

Yuki said...

Great looking hearts. How about glueing them to some stretched canvas. You could even paint the canvas first for a touch more color.

ttfn :) Yuki

Elaine said...

Great project for Valentine's weekend. Hope that the traffic improves by Tuesday. The big traffic mess on Friday made the national news. What was OPM thinking to open the fed govt for part of the day? And, who is going to want to use the Metro after this last derailment incident on the Red line? I think I would start looking for a carpool.

Stay warm everyone!

jenny said...

I was definitely glad to be telecommuting on Friday. Clara's commute was horrid - 2 1/2 hours inbound and then I think she took the bus home because of the derailment.

Fortunately it's 6 am Sunday morning so finding an open store with small canvases is highly unlikely - a very good thing since Yuki's thought triggered by memory of a set-up Jeanne had which used Velcro to attach seasonal pieces to a small painted canvas.

No, I must be strong. I have one UFO laid out on the floor to sew together and only three blocks to go to complete all the blocks for another. I've promised myself a trip to the Variety Store when I get that set of blocks done because I need 3 yards of a dark blue to keep the thing from driving the viewer mad.

Later - jenny