Tuesday, February 23, 2010

1 UFO now a completed top


Here is Jenny's windmill UFO to which I added sashing to calm it down. I was originally going to have sashing between each square, but Frank said he liked the columns/rows alone. I thought a good name might be "I spy a windmill" but I don't think there is an actual windmill fabric, and it might confuse someone. (The orange T's are on my design wall, so that's why the photo was t akenwhen it was laid on top of the bed).

The next photo is from Sunday, Feb 21. It is so beautiful with the cherry blossoms out, daffodils, azaleas, a few early rhododendrons. The tree pollen has been very high, so I am home this afternoon using a few hours of sick time, since I've been having trouble breathing. It isn't even March yet.

2 comments:

Yuki said...

You have cherry blossoms! I don't believe it.

There is a mountain of snow in the middle of the court and my front lawn looks like a glacier. There is a ton of snow on my deck.

Hope it melts soon.

ttfn :) Yuki

Elaine said...

I can't believe the DC area is expecting EVEN MORE snow tonight/tomorrow! Good luck!

I worked on sorting my sewing room some last night. I can see the difference, even if it still looks like a disaster.

We have been taping the Olympics and watching the next night, to avoid the commercials. We try to avoid watching the sports news on TV or in the newspapers. We are rooting for Mirai Nagasu, women's ice skating, since my niece skated with her in Pasadena. My niece is about 5 years older and helped babysit Mirai at the rink. I think Mirai ended in 7th place after the short program last night.