Tuesday, January 26, 2010

next three UFOs for Jenny

Well, I'm finally getting around to putting the next three UFOs up.

4. This one comes out of a book I picked up in Morton, WA, while on travel. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the book's quality of editing or binding but this project has been fun. I have eight of the twelve planned stars completed and a couple more underway.


5. Another one inspired by Kaffe Fassett - this is one of four floral quilts I started in April 2008 based on his designs. I cut out the pieces for all four projects at one time to speed up the process. The whole thing started when I realized how many florals I had that I'd never even cut. The other three quilts are complete but this one's about half done.

6. This one started with the large panel (which I think was a fat quarter from Yuki). I couldn't stand the thought of cutting it up so when I saw a couple of Kaffe Fassett quilt projects built around a large center square or rectangle, I decided to use it that way. The borders are a mix of florals and various solid greens. I think I need at least three more borders to make it a decent size (lap quilt probably).

No comments: