Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fabric shopping addiction

I don't know what it is about buying fabric that makes me want to buy even more! Yesterday, I was debating whether or not to buy a collection of FQ's from quiltfabriccloseouts.com (and did order it--we'll see if they arrive, since won't know if they still have it available when they fulfill the order). Then, today, I had to drive my sister over to Bellevue, so I stopped at Quiltworks Northwest, which I haven't visited in months. I was very restrained, in that I only bought orange fabrics, and one other to complete a set for Jill H's retirement gift. I forgot to take Jenny's green floral UFO to look for a darker green for border and/or binding! I am worried that I am spending "too much" on fabric in Jan/Feb, since it is likely that I'll do some fabric shopping in Maui. On our vacation, I plan to work on the orange "T" blocks, and to make Frank's vest.

Do I need to reduce my fabric shopping? I was just going through my fabrics to put together the gift for Jill H (they are all Asian prints, and will include a pattern) and I thought == why do I have so much fabric and where did all these cat prints come from? (the cat prints are in the same box as the Asian prints). at this point, some of you are saying, no, you must not have that much fabric if the cat prints and the Asian prints fit into one box.

From grey and gloomy Seattle. Hope everyone in Wash DC is surviving the snow.

2 comments:

Yuki said...

You are correct! If all your fabric will fit into one box, you do not have too much, you have too little!!

ttfn ;} Yuki

jenny said...

You know me - too much fabric?!? - just look at my basement!

Kim F, Clara and I trekked through the snow (it was only supposed to be a dusting way up on the north side of town) out to Crofton to check out Tomorrow's Treasures (a really nice quilt shop) and the townhouse Beth and Maryann are renovating (it's lovely - the craft/rec area with walk-out patio are going to be great). I ended up leaving my truck up at Kim's after watching several vehicles fishtail their way up tiny hills or around corners. It was definitely an adventure but fun.