Wednesday, January 20, 2010

first three UFOs for Jenny

I plan to put 15 on the list eventually but rather than depress myself too much, I'll just add three today. To cut down on the possible entries (since there are many more than I really want to admit having underway), I'm not including any project that only requires the final borders or uses the waste scraps from other projects - such as crumbs or strings; or the various threadsaver blocks that I make to have something to make a quilt in a hurry.





1. Amish Hopscotch - started this in April 2009 along with several other Amish-style tops. The block comes from the EQ5 block library. I hope to use it as a wedding gift so it needs to be completed by July 2010. I have 17 out of 49 blocks completed.





2. Amish Crosses - begun at the same time as UFO#1 and uses the same size pieces (how's that for thinking?!?) The block is a modification of the quilt on the cover of Karin Renaud's Quilts from the Heart - it's a great block. This is the third quilt I've made using a variation of the block. I think I'm about halfway through this one.



3. This one comes from Evelyn Sloppy's Strips and Strings although I adjusted the size to use pieces I had left over from other projects. I'm about 75% complete with the top - it's the 9-patches that I'm lacking. If anyone has a suggestion for a name, let me know.

1 comment:

Yuki said...

I like the sloppy stripes!

ttfn :) Yuki