Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Progression

So, the other day I learned that the ladies in Iowa were ready for my next quilt. Excitement! Except that when I got home, I discovered I didn't have a quilt ready to send them (I really need to figure out a way to piece quilts while I knit, or vice versa!) - how is that possible? Where's the quilt? What to do? The only obvious response was to speedily piece a top, right? Right? Of course, we are talking me so that top which is inspired by Kaffe Fassett. Finished size 88" x 66"
That one led to this one because of all the left-over 3 1/2" square pieces (plus 10 pieces to fill in the gaps) which is 51" x 39" with the borders.
Here's a close-up of the incredibly scary bunnies in the border print. (Can I give this to a kid? or will that be grounds for a damages suit when the kid grows up?) Kim H thinks they're cute?!?
But, naturally all the left-over bits weren't square so I ended up with a bunch of 3 1/2" x 2" pieces which weren't quite enough to make a top by themselves but Ann had given me the left-overs from the scrappy wedding quilt she made her daughter. (Remember cutting those way back when). Whew! No need to cut more. The end result was this which is 39" x 30" and won't have borders.

1 comment:

Yuki said...

Wow! You were busy. You are right, those bunnies are scary! LOL

ttfn :) Yuki