Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oh, by the way...

So Mom and Dad came up for Mia's 11th birthday party in May.  On Saturday morning Dad showed me the bed he'd made for Mia's American Girl doll Mia.  About an hour later Mom mentioned that the bed looked awfully bare and couldn't you (meaning me) do something about that - a little quilt would be nice.  So with a little technical assistance from Kim F., we ended up with the following ensemble.

First, the bed as designed by Mia and made by Granpa

Complete with initial on the headboard

I went with a bedroll assembly of mattress pad and lace-edged top sheet with a little pillow to match

Here's the quilt (aren't I clever for collecting all those 2" cut squares so that I could pull this together zippedy-quick? JITD - I finished at 3 pm about the time we needed to leave for the party!)

Last but not least, here's Mia taking a rest from the excitement of the family party.
First the bed

1 comment:

Elaine said...

You and your Dad did an excellent job!