Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowbound in Seattle

I didn't take a photo, but if I did, it would be very boring.  Just a lot of snow.  Starting to get cabin fever after 2 days inside.  I think I am going to ask to telecommute one more day, because it is likely to still be icy on Friday a.m. On Saturday, I am scheduled to return to Wash DC for TRB.  The temperature is supposed to reach 40+ degrees on Friday afternoon, which should melt all the snow. 

I have been working on a pink quilt top, which is almost all sewn together! For this one, I am using Lintott book Jelly Roll Quilts "Blue Lagoon" p. 14.  The other 2 pink quilts are using "Sparkling Gemstones" p. 20 of the same book.

Wish I could have spent more time sewing, but I was a diligent federal worker!  I had a 7 a.m. Pacific teleconference today, and then another meeting at 11:30 a.m. Pacific.  Most of my computer and telephone equipment worked well.  Frank has never gotten my netbook to talk to the printer, so I ended up emailing him a document and he printed it from his computer instead.  I also had a small problem using my web meeting room (adobeconnect), but it worked from my netbook running Windows even if I couldn't get it to work on Frank's Linux machine, but Ed C told me he thought it was because I was clicking on the meeting room location when I was inside webmail. 

See (most of) you soon at TRB! Lots of love!



No comments: