Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Disappearing 9-patch

http://valentinequiltworks.blogspot.com/2009/02/disappearing-9-patch-quilt.html

Remember those 5" charm squares of transportation fabrics that I sent to S&B a while ago?  Maybe it was last year.   This super simple pattern is the PERFECT way to use them.  I bought some purple florals scraps at the Block Party Quilt show last month.  I used a tone-on-tone dark purple for the center squares, otherwise, mixed lights and darks around.  But, you can make it in a more organized fashion like this example with red center and black and white around.  I think we could use the transportation novelty prints in the 4 corners, and a "solid" for the center, and perhaps black/white prints for the other 4 squares, or maybe blue tone-on-tones.  I haven't taken a photo yet of the purple florals yet, but I'll have the top done (without borders) by tonight (I think).  

No comments: