Monday, November 21, 2011

courtesy of QQ



As some of you know, I get together quarterly with other quilters (hence the name Quarterly Quilters) to make quilts for various charity groups - usually kids. After one of the sessions earlier this year, some of the women asked Celia to bring me a bunch of scraps - two large bagfuls. The red/white/blue lap quilt and the strip premie quilt resulted from that generosity with a lot of help from Elaine - who I roped in by sending her a box of the larger scraps. Elaine also made 4 other premie quilts from various scraps and used a bunch of flannel that had been donated to the group for the backs on those quilts.


This last quilt's one that Elaine made to use up some forlorn squares that I love making but was tired of seeing. The border fabric is one we found in Island Quilter's sale rack - too fun, how could people not have seen the possibilities but lucky for us, they hadn't!

3 comments:

Yuki said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!

Elaine said...

thanks for posting these Jenny. Next, I will have a whole series of Trip Around the World, using your "leftover" 4 " squares. So far, 2 quilts that need borders, which I call the children, and 2 premie quilts, which I am calling the grandchildren. The good news is that I started sewing the 2.5" pink strips together, which I hope will end up as 3 quilts, one for my sister-in-law, and 2 for the girls next door. Their mother says "every day is a pink day at our house."

Elaine said...

p.s. what does the original quilt using the 4" squares look like?