Sunday, February 20, 2011

Movie "Stepmom" with Susan Sarandon and Julia Roberts

Yesterday, I was watching this movie at the JW Marriott hotel in Chicago. Susan Sarandon is a mother of 2 (Julie Roberts is the girlfriend of her ex-husband) and quilts. There are several quick shots of quilts throughout the movie, e.g. when she watches here children asleep in bed, and also important role of quilts in the ending scene. There was one scene that bothered me when she was at her Singer sewing machine and she was using large shears, instead of a smaller scissor for thread cutting.

BTW, I figured out that I am not a W hotel fan. I spent one night there, then moved across the street to the JW Marriott. I just can't get "into" the concept of the hotel lobby and reception area as a nightclub --very dark with only purple and pink lights, including the elevator. Did I tell you that this is the same "problem" I have where I get my haircut, except the DJ doesn't work on Monday.

1 comment:

Yuki said...

Your comment about the lady using shears to cut threads reminds me of a Cottonelle commercial that aired in 1998.

They talked about how the toilet paper was quilted and showed a bunch of ladies quilting and they were using knitting needles.

On the quilting sites people complained and urged everyone to send letters to Cottonelle. They did change the commercial.

ttfn :) Yuki