Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just for fun

I finished this quilt up about 3 weeks ago using some 9-patches I'd made from 2" squares as threadsavers. I also used some really fun Alexander Henry prints that I've had for years as the setting squares. The borders are a Kona Bay fabric that I bought on sale and intended to use for a quilt back; I enjoy the fabric so much though that I find myself using it in other ways. I pinbasted the quilt last weekend so hopefully I'll get it back from the quilter later in July.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Such a wonderful mix of novelty fabrics with a white background. I like the transportation ones! Your 9-patches have a red center, but they do not especially stand out, I guess you are using other fabrics that have about the same saturation. Thanks for sharing!