Friday, August 10, 2012

Rosie's Calico Cupboard in San Diego

Last week, Li and I attended a conference in San Diego.  I took a little time to check out "The Trolley" their regional light rail system, by getting an all day pass, and traveling to this quilt fabric shop that Yuki had recommended to me many years ago.  Their website said they would pick up at the transit station, if they were not too busy.   The woman who picked me up told me that her husband was in Seattle for our annual Seafair, as he was on a Navy ship. 

It is a VERY large store and has EXCELLENT prices.  OMG.  New Kona Bay tonal leaves for $8.50 a yard.    I think the going price in Seattle is about $11/yd.  Once the bolt is priced, they don't change the price to the same price as the new bolts.  I found some older bolts that were only $6.50/yd. 

Most of the store is organized by color, with separate sections for batiks, Asian, 1930s, children, floral and Kaffe Fassett.   If you are ever in San Diego, I highly recommend it, especially because of the transit accessibility. :-)

My recent mood has been  "fear of becoming a hoarder," so I didn't do much buying, but sure had fun looking!

1 comment:

Yuki said...

Glad to hear you got to Rosies. What a great store. :) Yuki