Friday, March 23, 2012

Maui 2012

Maui Swap Meet, March 2012.  I love the yellow, pink, orange colors, and all the different textures of the proteas.

Here is me in my philodendron t-shirt, amidst the philodendrons at the Wailea Marriott. Oh! Am I supposed to talk about quilting on this blog?  I had a fabulous time at the Maui Quilt Guild meeting in Kahului, first Tues of the month.  I met several "snowbirds" from the Pacific Northwest who live on Maui 3 to 4 months a year.  I worked on 2 different quilt tops and also made the center for a charity quilt for the Maui Guild (lap quilts for the nursing home).   

2 comments:

Elaine said...

One thing I heard about at the Guild meeting was Aurifil cotton thread. It is 2-ply. A lot of people were saying that it makes it easier to make accurate 1/4" seams. I bought two spools at the Quilters Anonymous show last weekend, one for Jenny as a birthday present. Shhh! Don't tell Jenny. That's sounds lame doesn't it? What did you get for your birthday? A spool of thread.
Happy Spring! It has finally arrived in the Pacific Northwest.

Yuki said...

Lucky You! Don't you just love meeting other quilters!

:) Yuki