Friday, September 30, 2011

Not a quilt but oh, so cute!

Very fun, very easy and a free pattern on Ravelry using sock yarn and buttons that were on sale! And it fits! Does life get much better?!

This is an image of the sweater I knitted for my great nephew (yes, he's great but he's also my niece's baby boy). I made it using a sock yarn I bought while out in Ames back in August. The sweater is knit from the right sleeve cuff to the left sleeve cuff so the only seaming that's needed in the end is the underarms. I finished it just before heading north to Alaska. Leslie's sent me an email to say that Rhys has been wearing it every day since they received the package last week. If Leslie's willing, I'll post a picture of the boy in his sweater.

2 comments:

Yuki said...

Wow, that sounds very cool. Knit from one cuff to the other. Do you have that pattern in adult sizes? I'd like to give it a go.

ttfn :) Yuki

jenny said...

I don't have a comparable adult pattern but I have seen them on Ravelry. Are you on Ravelry? If not, do you want me to do some checking?