Thursday, August 25, 2011

Do you need any Quilting books?

I went to Borders here in Seattle for their close-out sale. I ended up with 2 Kaffe Fassett books, each 40% off. I can't figure out if the 780 quilting books on their website are also 40% off OR NOT. You might have to start the "check out" process to get the discount applied, but I didn't get that far, and quit. Anyway, they have lots of K Fassett, Lintott (2.5" strips), ideas for scrappy quilts, "best of" Fons & Porter, etc. I thought I would look at the machine quilting books, but did not want to decide on anything that I couldn't browse the pages.

My Juki machine and frame (50% ownership) is being delivered to my house RIGHT NOW. Beth (the other 50% ownership) and her husband Tom are at my house, since I am still at work. :-)

2 comments:

Yuki said...

Wow! That's exciting news. Take pictures.

ttfn :) Yuki

Elaine said...

The Juki and frame, et al are NOT set up, just a big jumble of stuff on the floor.

Re: Borders and quilting books. I am wondering if all their stock will eventually end up at Daedalus at deeply discounted prices....

I think the 40% off only works at the brick-and-mortar stores. I tried to go through the purchasing step and cancelled toward the end and it did not give me the discount.