Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stitch and Bitch was a great time for all

I made lasagna for lunch. What a lot of work!! I've been experimenting on different recipes and found that the Bertollis sauce in a jar was pretty good. It was also cheaper than making it from scratch. For meat, I used a combination of 1 pound of organic 95% fat free hamburger and 1 pound of Jimmy Deans hot sausage for each 13 * 9 deep aluminum lasagna pan that you buy at the grocery store. I made 1 spinach for our vegetarian friends, 1 gluten free, using rice noodles that came in a brown box, with meat and 1 regular with meat. What a lot of work, oh I said that already. LOL Then I used 3 different kinds of cheese which I thought were very good. I mixed ricotta & mozerella for the cheese layers with a couple eggs. Yum! My sister said to use cottage cheese, that no one will know the difference. Well, I did. LOL I'm not much of a cook really but it was fun experimenting with recipes and seeing what I liked the best. The problem was eating all this lasagna was not good for the waist line. I still have on regular meat lasagna in the freezer. This will be the end. I don't think I'll be eating lasagna for a long while after this.


I think the next tme I host, it will be salad. LOL



Clara was working on her Bellisima quilt with stripped bias binding. It was stunning! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.



Here is Snowflake enjoying everyone's attention. She's such a ham. Speaking of which, the vet said that she needs to lose 4 pounds off this 15 pound frame. Has anyone had any luck putting an emotional eater on a diet? I have 3 cats. Sometimes, the cats will have a tiff and Snowflake gets upset and heads for the food dish. oh well


This is Jackie with her center medalion for the next CFC quilt. Every year, they make something even more stunning than last year. I'm going to win this one, even if I have to buy 100 tickets. I can't wait to see the final quilt.


Hope everyone is having a nice summer. See ya'll soon!


ttfn :) Yuki




















2 comments:

Elaine said...

Thanks for the yummy lasagne. It was definitely worth the effort, and thanks again for having S&B on a day that I could be there! I had a great time staying with Jenny so that we could do more work on the CFC quilt. The medallion center that Jackie made is wonderful and something I'll never do.
I think Jenny is going to post a more current version of the quilt top very very soon! :-)

Yuki said...

The next time I make lasagna for the group, it's going to be gluten free veggie. LOL

ttfn :) Yuki