Friday, December 24, 2010

Need advice on borders for UFO




My Ballard group has an "ugly fabric" exchange at our Christmas party. This is what I have made with the abandoned blocks and some new blocks with the fabric. I think it is quite beautiful. Now I need help on borders. Do you think I should use either the green or gold, or should I try to find the lavander (very weird color), or something else for the inner border, and what do you think about the black outer border? The "true" colors are more like the top photo (with flash).

5 comments:

Yuki said...

Wow, that fabric is not so ugly. LOL

ttfn :) Yuki

Nana's Quilts said...

That's a 4 patch, right? Do you have any of that or does Patty have any left for an inner border. And I love the black for the outer border. Great job. Your project is much nicer than mine. Oh well -next year.
Marne

Elaine said...

Hi Marne -- thanks for looking at this blog! Yes, there is still MORE fabric from Patty, and I will try it out as the inner border. Thanks for the idea!

jenny said...

I like the black border with the green. I really like the way this turned out.

KimF said...

That haas to be the least ugly ugly fabic that I have ever seen! Beautiful quilt.

Happy New Year!