Monday, August 2, 2010

Trip to the Midwest


Yup, I started a new project while on my whirlwind tour of the Midwest. I think I'll call it "Midwest Whirlwind" since it has a spinning look to it. It's very Thimbleberries in color. I had these blocks up on my design wall as you can see them and Dad commented on how much he liked them - the first time he's done that. So now I'm in the process of making enough blocks to make two twin-sized tops. One will go to my friend who just moved to West Virginia; the second one to Dad. The block is really easy to make so I'm up to 32 blocks now of the 96 I'll need. Fortunately I have several Thimbleberry fabrics from previous projects; the trick is finding good combinations. I've tried a couple of large scale florals and while I plan to use the blocks, I won't be looking for more large scale florals to use in this.

No comments: